Our most precious gift from the Founding Fathers is the right to vote. As I sit here at 4:00 p.m. on election day, I wonder why I don’t see the kind of outrage I feel regarding incidents of election fraud.
Election fraud comes in all forms:
- Fake voter registration forms, ala Nevada and Ohio – sometimes ranging into the thousands of registrations
- States having more registered voters than people of voting age
- Absentee ballot fraud, where numerous ballots are filled out by a single person or group of people
- Mysteriously finding enough ballots in the trunk of one election worker’s car, enough to swing an election
- Political people such as ex-Presidents being sent to ask someone to drop out of a primary or election, likely for some unknown reward later
This week, we learn that a U.S. Senator’s campaign solicited teachers in California to get their students to participate on her campaign for “credit”! What is going on in America? Where are the County, State and Federal proscecuters who should be enforcing the law? If we don’t at least ensure our elections are fair – – regardless of their political result — our country will become another Venezuela quickly.
HJTA to L.A.U.S.D. And L.A. Board of Education: “Barbara Boxer asked LAUSD to violate the law!”
10-27-2010 10:06 am – Blog Posts
Today the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association notified the Los Angeles Unified School District and the Los Angeles Board of Education today that, in abject ignorance of California state law, the political campaign of Senator Barbara Boxer has openly solicited teachers employed by LAUSD to urge their students to volunteer for her campaign.
HJTA’s letter to the school district urges LAUSD to immediately inform all its personnel, credentialed or otherwise, that it would be a clear violation of law for teachers to recruit their students on school property during school hours to volunteer for a specific political campaign.Pursuant to both case law and a specific provision of the California Education Code, what Boxer wants would leave LAUSD subject to both civil and potentially criminal sanctions. Common sense should also tell her that seeking public resources and classroom time from teachers to do her political bidding is just wrong. Barbara Boxer should know better.
A copy of the letter was faxed to both the school district and the Board of Education this morning, and is attached below. A copy of the letter which was sent from Boxer’s office to teachers is below.